PETROLEUM TECHNOLOGY ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA (PETAN)
Petroleum Technology Association of Nigeria is an association of leading Nigerian Indigenous Technical Oilfield
service companies in the upstream and downstream sectors of the Oil industry. The association was formed in 1990
to bring together Nigerian Oil & Gas entrepreneurs to create a forum for the exchange of ideas with the major
operators and policy makers.
PETAN MISSION STATEMENT
PETAN Mission Statement is to “Promote the DOMESTICATION of Petroleum Technology by striving for FAIR and
extensive patronage of the EFFICIENT and competitive INDIGENOUS Nigeria Oilfield Service companies”.
OBJECTIVES OF PETAN
1. To acquire, develop, advance, and promote Petroleum Technology for the benefit of Nigerians.
2. To foster co-operation as well as high ethical standards among Indigenous Technical Oilfield Services companies.
3. To monitor and work to improve the performance and quality of services rendered by member companies
4. To ensure and encourage fair patronage of member companies by Oil Producing companies in Nigeria.
5. To liaise with Government on matters affecting the interest of members and the oil and gas industry.
6. To educate and advice Government and its agencies on developments in the Oilfield Services sector of the Nigeria
7. To promote the economic wellbeing and social welfare of the Oilfield environment and the larger society.
8. To embark on and promote research and development in the Oilfield Services sector.
PETAN has been promoting the development of the oil and gas industry in Nigeria through the organization and
participation of Nigerian Entrepreneurs in conferences, seminars, workshops, and creating opportunities for
Nigerian companies to project themselves in the competitive industry. Since 2005, PETAN has been solely
responsible for organizing the Nigerian Pavilion and the exhibition of Nigerian companies at the Offshore
Technology Conference (OTC), which holds in Houston, Texas every year.
Membership is open to all bona-fide Nigerian Companies that are engaged in the Petroleum Industry.
SERVICES OFFERD BY MEMBERS
PETAN companies offer all services in the upstream and downstream sector of the oil industry, including and not
limited to drilling, completions, well services, Pipeline, environmental, Safety, construction, ICT, etc
IMPACT OF PETAN:
PETAN is the initiator of Local content in Nigeria and have been championing the quest for increased local
participation in the Nigerian oil and Gas industry.
PETAN, companies and their contractors employ over 25,000 Nigerians of which over 60 % are Graduates. This
has a beneficial “domino” effect on economy through use of Local-Inputs, growth of local expertise and know-how.
(Reduce costs and maintain standards).
PETAN companies are competent Nigerian companies and have proven to be good corporate citizens.
Plot 35 Trans Amadi Industrial layout
Tel. 08037255190, 08060703398.